Subscribe Us

Header Ads

It's the little things....


A HUGE thank you to all that made Memphis' 7th birthday fantastic...it was a lot of fun and went really well...I love that she loves the beach so much.

Lunch

getting so big


By Stephanie Norris...currently at Coffee to a Tea in West Seattle




So cooooool...too bad I can't swing $250.00


So the other day it occurred to me once again how great my life is. Our neighbor Peggy and her boyfriend...actually fiance...gave Memphis her first REAL guitar. Plus Peggy is going to give her lessons. She had her first lesson Monday and it went great. She came back and was very proud of herself indeed. I mean seriously...how great is it that people like our daughter enough to do all that? Being rich with kindness and love is so much more important than being rich in dollars and cents and that just shows me that we are doing something right and that we can definitely think of ourselves as huge successes in life. I have also, once again, been thinking about stuff. How much stuff we have, stuff we want, stuff we don't need, stuff to give away, stuff to sell, stuff, stuff, stuff. Sometimes more than anything else in the world...stuff drives me nuts. Is it really true that if you have a bigger space you will just fill it up with more stuff? I really don't think we would because we have lived in such a small space for so long and we long to be minimalists. How do you strike a balance...because who are we kidding I really love STUFF. Stuff makes me super duper happy and at times really enriches my life. I guess it's the picking and choosing of stuff that makes a difference and just how much stuff you let in. After all Suze Orman says that clutter= debt. Hmmmmm...we don't have much debt at all and we don't really have much clutter but we do have too much stuff for our space. So what's the difference??? Anywho...just thinking a lot and sharing.
Speaking of stuff....I discovered the paintings above by Stephanie Norris in West Seattle a couple of weeks ago and I just LOVE them. There are even more at the Coffee To a Tea. I can't find a website for her or anything so I don't have a link but I mentioned the name of the coffee house if you are interested. I just love everything about them. They are so me....the colors the subjects...the time period. Stephanie Norris where ever you are ...you are very talented indeed!
Also Lisa Congdon just put some amazing work in Shiny Squirrel and I for one love them...so check them out :) I never did get anything in Shiny Squirrel...I totally dropped the ball on that one...what can I say. I am so crazed lately...the site is amazing :)
We handmade thank you cards for Memphis' b-day and I think they turned out great...they look super cool all together.
I am making a lot of progress on my Super Maggie order.....
Going to the park whenever we can...the weather will soon be changing and we will be housebound more....Soren is really digging the swing.
Anywho...happy happy Wednesday...New Project Runway tonight :)

a few...just a few flickr favs
so so cute
love love love
want
Martha you are simply the best
so great
adorable
made me smile

Post a Comment

0 Comments