Subscribe Us

Header Ads


Amazing piece by Christopher Bettig

I saw this the other day and can't stop thinking about it. I am an absolute Royal Tenenbaums Junkie. One of the names we picked for Memphis was Royal and it was even before we saw the movie. So we made it one of her middle names. I can't tell you just how much this movie means to me. Everything about it is amazing. I of course also love Life Aquatic ,Rushmore and Darjeeling Limited. After seeing Life Aquatic I was totally convinced I would name my next child (if I should have one) Zissou. Jason and I would walk around saying Zissou all the time and smiling. We both grew up watching Jacques Cousteau and loved him. So of course we were in love with the movie right away. I love how much attention to detail Wes has in his work. I love all the choices he makes along the way and the way he casts his movies. The soundtracks are out of this world and whenever I am watching one of his movies I forget all about the troubles in my life and the troubles of the world and it feels nice to not worry about stuff for awhile. I just become completely absorbed and when they end I am a bit stunned...stunned back into my reality and sadden that my escape is over. I know you must be thinking I don't like my life after reading that but that's not it at all. I have a fantastic life filled with many joys...I just worry too much. It's also that Wes creates worlds that I want to live in and I don't want to leave when the movies are over. I loved the house in The Tenenbaums, the ship in Life Aquatic and I wanted to be on that train in Darjeeling Limited. I am just constantly amazed by all of his films and I will be waiting very patiently for the next one...anyone heard anything????
Happy Thursday...my Birthday is tomorrow...and Jason has the whole day off!!!

Post a Comment

0 Comments