Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Shop of the week....Abigail Brown










I am completely smitten with Abigail Brown's work...if there is a fairy Godmother I will be receiving a Red or Blue Fox VERY soon(if only fairy godmothers existed)...I am very drawn to all of her animals...and am the proud owner of an Iccle Monkey. :)
The Bio Below is taken from her website and the photos above are taken from her website and Etsy site. Seriously...she is AMAZING and if money were no object I would buy them ALL!!! Especially all the Foxes and Cats and ...well all of it.
She also does Illustrations and has some very gorgeous cards and does some Plush wall pieces which is something I have wanted to do for a long time now....if you have never seen her work...please go and take a look now :)

" As a very young little thing I grew up surrounded by the tools of my Grandma's trade...loose threads, scraps of fabric, pins and needles, and the constant whirr of the sewing machine as she peddled her way through her work, a very talented, hardworking seamstress.
She had a beautiful patchwork bag she kept her fabric scraps in, 'the raggy bag', and when I was old enough to display my feelings of desire for this magical object, full of wondrous bits of colour, pattern and texture, she made me my own, much littler version.
So this is where it began...the comfort I find in nesting away in piles of fabric and tangles of thread, and the use of such a medium to give life to the little creatures that form in my head. There is nothing more natural to me than this and in continuing to work in this way I am forever connected to my childhood and the wonderful days I spent with her.

I am fascinated by animals because of all the thoughts and feelings I can imagine they are experiencing but can never truly hope to know. I can create little worlds in which they exist, humanizing them, giving them names, deciding what little neckerchief they might like to wear or what sort of personality traits they might have.

My work with birds evolved perhaps because not only are they one of the most beautiful of creatures, so precious, so fragile and yet so animated and so positively bursting with life, but also because they are the most accessible to me.
Merrily they chirp in the dawn, delighting me with their happy tunes. They are simply so enchanting to watch as they hop, skip, swoop and dance their way through the day, twisting and turning with such quizzical looks.
It pleases me to build aound me this little flock of feathered friends each so delicate and fragile, each with it's own little character which is told through the little twist of it's head of it's own individual stance. Whether birds, monkeys, cats or elephants, my work centers around animals because they give me comfort, they are truly heart warming, they make me smile...and that is the same reaction I hope merely to evoke in others."

Also check out her Blog...
Thanks for stopping by and I do hope you find the joy in your day :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments