Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Hello World.....let me give you a big bear hug :)




love love love from thecellophaneswant want want from Branchandbirdie




A Beautiful necklace from Nina Dinoff
So amazing from AnnaFabo

So this weekend was filled with loads of stuff. We went and looked at some houses...yup....WE LOOKED at some houses. Granted we are just beginning this entire journey and we don't have a very high price range but we are testing the waters....so far it was a very scary experience. We currently live in an amazing neighborhood and we love it. I also learned quickly that foreclosed homes in our price range=A LOT of work. Not to say we can't do the work but if the work also requires BIG $ amounts we are in trouble. Of course we found a house we LOVE but man is it beat up. Nobody has lived in it for quite some time and the yard is VERY overgrown... Old windows...musty smelling....weird do it yourself updates...strange kitchen...basement that was half ass updated...yard that requires weeks and weeks of work....but through all of that we both can't stop thinking about it...the other homes we saw were NO....instantly NO. They too were foreclosed home in much better shape but not much...man....this is going to be one of the hardest things we have ever ever done. So this process may take a long time and for now it is at least great to be testing the waters and to dream of the future...something that I have not been able to do seriously for a long while.

We also got to go out on a date....finally....and oddly enough we went to the Mall and to Old Navy and the Rack. We wanted to chat and just spend time doing stuff without kids. It was so very nice. Then Sunday I took Memphis to a Birthday party for the daughter of friends that we have not seen in a long time. It was so nice to see them and to see their friends. Memphis and I had a great time. After that I got to go out to a movie with a couple friends from my book club....we saw 'The Time Traveler's Wife' a book we read a long time ago in book club. It was really good and nice to be out on my own. I have also decided that my new approach to life is to try and always look on the good side, be more positive, try and enrich my life with positive mental health practices. Positive self talk, doing what I can with what I have really enjoying each day as much as I can. So far it is helping....a lot.
I have much more to share but for now I must go....Soren is waking up....We rec'd an amazing package from Natalie (a wonderful Etsy Friend and customer) and once I photograph the details I will have a post to share....Have a wonderful Tuesday......:)

Post a Comment

0 Comments