Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Stayin Alive.............................


Went to the zoo today...I love the polar bears and the walruses....omg






What is known as the GIANT light fixture room..aka Dinning room..
Must picture a bit of a bigger table...will be there someday


Mr Big shot

For Memphis' good pal that HATES Barbies...geezsee...there are cool Barbies...




So...we moved in...
We have been painting...
unpacking....
settling....
I drove Memphis to her old school and back everyday (roughly 80 miles a day)
We had to say good-bye to all the staff we LOVED...the parents and kids and it was SOOOOOO sad. I finally felt good there and Memphis was super bummed. I cried so much...
Okay...a bit of history...back story if you will..
In first grade Memphis was punched in the face in the lunch room by a girl that was older (never figured out who she was) and well the very next day Memphis wore one of the capes I made her to school. I emailed her teacher to make sure it was okay and he said that he thought everyone should wear a cape to school. So....I made him one...I made one for her Kindergarten teacher, the librarian, the PE teacher, the two fabulous ladies in the office, a first grade teacher Memphis had for after school art class and one for two Instructional assistants that were always amazing to Memphis....
Now her school was amazing...really....but the average income was sooooo much higher than ours and it made it tricky for me. So the first two years she went I tried to make friends...to volunteer to be involved but it never really took. I know it was mostly my fault...my baggage but the last year she was there I just didn't care about all that stuff so much and just focused on the folks I knew were nice and it was great. All of a sudden folks came to me...and everyone wanted a cape. Of course I make them as gifts to give to the kids that invite Memphis to Birthday parties and I think...I may have gotten her invited to a few...not sure but...
So leaving her school was not only hard for Memphis but me too. I am a full time care giver so the folks I liked at her school were MY DAILY world. The folks I chatted with daily and it was so nice. Now we are completely cut off from our old hood (that I lived in for 18 years) and it is soooooooooo weird. So weird.
So what I learned is...be yourself...be real (can't help that)...realize that you are sabotaging yourself sometimes...be giving...and it will come back full circle.

and now it's summer.
OMG
where is my life going?
Where????
I am LOVING our new house....LOVING it.
We have soooooooooooo much freakin' space I am in total shock...

I have so much more to share but for now I must go finish painting the kitchen.
I hope to be around here more....
hope to post photos of the house more....
hope to make it thru the summer...

Post a Comment

0 Comments