Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Calgon take me away.................





So this blog is about Plush mostly but also about me and my life. Lately my husband and I have been trying to get our almost 5 year old daughter (the love of our lives) to sleep in her bed alllll night. We have a queen size futon and my husband is 6 foot 5 1/2 inches tall. So...when our daughter sleeps with us his back usually is messed up. Not to mention we get woken up. So we have decided to try and ease her out but she is not having it. This has lead to many, many middle of the night battles. We have tried EVERYTHING. She is also going thru a very sassy & defiant stage but only to us. She is polite as can be most of the time but when we ask her to do the smallest of things it often ends up in yet another battle. I should tell you that we are strict parents but also very reasonable and like to give her reasons for things. I think this may have backfired on us because now she wants us to tell her why for everything and if the 'why' is not acceptable she is angry. My husband and I are both fire signs so we are really getting a lot of lessons on patience which is very valuable but exhausting. She is a Virgo and develops patterns that are extremely hard to break. If anyone out there has any tips for me please send them my way. Mostly we are in desparate need of sleep at this point. She will literally wake up as many as 10 times during the night trying to sneek in. I really did not want to put a lock on our door but we are actually considering it. Which is hard for me to believe. I am a loving person and wish she could be reasoned with but at this point it's looking bleak. This may seem like a small problem but she is also depriving herself of sleep and that is making a lot of things very hard. She missed the cutt off for kindergarten so I can't really tell her she needs sleep to go to school. AAAAAAAHHHHHHh...I am very creative and can not come up with a solution.....
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend. The photos of course are of our little sweetie(the top one is most recent).... and because I am such a plush-a-holic a photo of one of my funny bunnies. I am off to sew and sew and sew some more. At least I have my plush.

Post a Comment

0 Comments