Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Barack Obama brings back the hope for America!!!


(original obama image by shepard fairey)
obeygiant.com/

I am in so much awe of our great nation today. Last night when they declared Obama as our new President Elect I actually had to flip thru all the channels to make sure it was really happening. At the time we were watching the Jon Stewart show and Jon announced it and we heard him say it and we looked at each other in utter amazement and awe. This is the most emotional political event that I have ever experienced. I can feel the hope of our nation and the future of our great country no longer feels hopeless like it did a short time ago. The number of voters that turned out and cast their ballots, the amount of time some of them had to wait to exercise their right, the youth vote and it's immense power all of it just bathes me in awe. I am not a black/African American person but I get what this means for our country. For the first time in our history we have the chance to live in a nation where the color of your skin does not determine your destiny...that is so HUGE! Our 7 year old daughter got to vote at her school and only 12 kids voted for McCain...12 and our 7 year old daughter was actually excited and felt very empowered that Obama won. Obama's speech was off the charts...it moved me to tears many times and brought so much joy to my heart. Even as I was watching John McCain's concession speech, which was so heart felt, I was inspired as he called all American's to come together and turn the nation around.
'I am very proud to be an American and I am very proud to have Barack Obama as the next President of the United States. Hope is alive and well and I for one could not be more awe struck and filled with joy. I am proud of you America....WE DID IT!!!!'

Post a Comment

0 Comments