Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Flickr is my drug of choice....

These days I don't really go out all that much at night. I hardly ever drink anymore...not even at home. We rarely go out to dinner...so my drug of choice is Flickr. Seriously...it is such an amazing resource and I have met so many many many nice folks on Flickr that on any given day will cheer me up, inspire me, make me think differently about my life and most importantly make me smile. Being a full time care giver of a 1 year old and 8 year old is such an amazing job...really I can not begin to tell you how much those two kids have enriched my life and how much joy they bring Jason and I. I still look at them and think...we made them...you and I (to husband) made those gorgeous creatures. We have nurtured them, loved them, entertained them, cared for their every need and they are a part of us. It's so much bigger than we are....those two kids of ours are the shinning lights of our lives. They fill us with joy and make us better people and they force us to face who we really are......but sometimes as a full time care giver and parent we feel like we get lost. Sometimes we need to find ourselves and rediscover who we are. We need to be in touch with the world at large...the world outside of our families....for me Flickr is my daily reminder that I am not alone. That there are other people out there just like me. That in this world of chaos, war, multi-tasking and various hardships there are people out there that are kind...creative and good. I don't have co-workers anymore but I have flickr friends...I just wanted to thank all of my flickr friends today. Thanks so much for always being there when I need you...Happy Thursday all!!!

*the above photos are some of my current flickr favs...please check my flickr for photo credits.

Post a Comment

0 Comments