Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Sew tired....but sew happy :)

Emery & Ebba The Baby Owl Love=Creatures in my shop but Ebba is reserved
Gamboge the baby Jack Rabbit Love=Creature in my shop
Fallow the baby Jack Rabbit Love=Creature in my shop but Reserved
Vermilion the Jack Rabbit Love=Creature in my shop
She's a meduim sized Jack

Bebe the baby Owl Love=Creature

This week has been a bit of a blur. I fininsed some swaps. We went to ballet, ran a bunch of errands and of course had many dog walks. Went to the library to get new books. Fabric store for stuffing. Target for dishwashing liquid and laundry detergent oh and a pair of $20.00 skinny jeans and a cotton jacket. Oh and Memphis went to the dentist for the 2nd time. They said we need to brush better in a few spots and that next time they want to do sealants on some back molars...not sure how I feel about that. Aren't sealants for a 6 year old a bit much??? Finished some special orders and am selling stuff out of my shop which will give us fundage for our mini break coming up sooooon. We have not been on a break or a mini break for way too long. We are going to the beach the whole fam...even our kooky little Gucci is coming.
I also got my first pedicure this summer...and although it was wonderful I have a really hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that it is normal for another human being to be caring for and touching my feet. So the first 5 to 10 minutes I have to try very hard to focus on the book I have brought with me. Usually I stay on the same page that entire 5-10 minutes while my mind is racing all over the place. I guess for me it's kind of like having somebody over when your place is a mess...only more intimate and weird. Then I finally get over it and start turning the pages of my book...which by the way was and still is 'No one belongs her more than you. Stories by Miranda July. It is really good but I didn't know it was going to be so strange...which is good just a surprise...I am finding that I get lost in her writing style but a bit taken a back by the subject matter at times. I highly recommend it and am really enjoying it. I also got to walk around the mall, which is an outdoor mall, after my pedicure and it was very relaxing. Need to do that more often and I suppose this Fall when Memphis goes to school I will get the chance. My identity is just so connected to her that it seems very odd to think of her away from me most of the day. It will do both of us good and is the inevitable next stage. Life moves so very, very quickly and you really notice it with a child in your life. They just go thru so many, many stages and of course there is always the physical proof...they grow and are very fascinated with their growth. We mark it on the chart weekly and for awhile it was daily even though Ma explained there wouldn't be much difference some days.
Ok so now I have a question...we got invited to a birthday sleep over...we just found out about it yesterday. It would be 4 girls total and three of them have established relationships and the parents trade babysitting on a regular basis...then there's us. Although we know the Birthday girl and family pretty well it's been awhile since we have seen them and the other two girls we have spent some time with but also not for a long while. I for one am not ready for a sleep over at this age(which makes me maybe a bit difficult I know) and I know Memphis will find it very difficult and we will most likely get a call to come and get her. So...I asked if it would be ok to just attend the evenings events and asked if any of the other parents would be there...I was told probably not and that it was really all about the girls. So...I am now thinking it would be better to just see them another time and call it a wash. We live about 1/2 hour from them and driving there and then back to pick her up (since I guess I should not stay) would be a bit much because her bed time is 8:30 pm and the party will begin at 5 or 6pm I was told. Anywho...I feel I am in a pickle and let me stress that I do really like both the birthday girl and the parents on and the other two girls. Any advice would be very welcome.....
Also I am photographing my 2nd wedding this Sunday and the stress is setting in...I know I will do a great job but it's just sososososos much. I took on the job, yep have already been paid, because they really, really wanted me to do it and it will be a great experience. I am actually looking forward to it but oooooooooh the stress.
Ok...sorry to be blog absent lately...loads on my mind and even more on my plate but hey...I put it there.
Ok...deep breathing...life is short...must not stress must slow down and relax.

Flickr favs....
Gorgeous
Too cute
precious
very cool photo
Loving the bird so much
This is just to die for
Super cool
how cute
This is so great
wow...how cool

Post a Comment

0 Comments