Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Betsy Thompson Rulz.....I heart mail love xoxo


Oh...how I love Fall

Anne Bonny...Cool shop on Capitol Hill in Seattle.
Last night it hosted 'Tragedy Brought Me up' A benefit in honor of Elena Steuber. All the proceeds went to The 'Rock-n-Roll girls Camp' in Portland Oregon.

The Piece I Bid on....it's by my Friend Rose Jarvey
She just opened an Etsy shop but needs to fill it up :)
My Pieces that were donated for the Auction...

Pirate Sock Monkey by Mercedez Meadows....portrait by her sister and my friend Rose Jarvey.
I love both of them.
Sock Monkeys...Hear no Evil Speak no Evil See no Evil by Rose Jarvey.

First a BIG shout out to Betsy Thompson....a flickr friend of mine. She sent us some serious Mail love. An amazing book for Soren that I am having a hard time letting go of called...'The Little Flower King' by Kveta Pacovska. It is AMAZING. I love all the art work the colors the scale...man it's fantastic!! Then there was the fab fabrics, the notebook for Memphis and the chopsticks and last but NOT least one of her GORGEOUS Prints. I have admired her work for a long time now and feel very privileged to own one of her prints. Man I feel so very lucky and spoiled at the same time. Thanks sososososos much Betsy. We truly appreciate your kindness :)


So this weekend was nutso. I went shopping for new bras by myself and also got to go to Forever 21 and a few other shops in the Mall (we finally got one in our Mall and it is huge). It was so crazy. I guess I have not been getting out much because I basically had retail shock. It was all just tooooo much. Too many choices, too many things to need/want too many people and man our country is supposed to be in a financial crisis.
But I guess just like me there is stuff we all need from time to time. I currently am still trying to shape back up after Soren's birth so my wardrobe is pretty bleak. I keep trying to wear things that are just a bit too tight or that just don't fight my after baby bod. By doing this I am making myself feel worse about myself and I do not feel comfortable....but I don't want to shell out a bunch of dough for some new duds. So Target and Forever 21 came to mind. I don't know if you have ever shopped at Forever 21 but it is seriously exhausting and you really have to be committed and stay focused. There are all these teenagers and it's so big and there are soooooo many choices and soooooo many things to distract you. Plus...most of the racks of clothing are a mess and you always always have to dig for your size and they do that thing where they put waaaaay too many things on a rack so when you try to look for your size or just look at the garment another one falls off and lands on the floor. Totally exhausting. Then they only let you have 6 items at a time in the dressing room and I am an 'old school' shopper. I look thru the entire store, find what I like and try it one. Sometimes in multiply sizes....sooooo I have a lot of items and who wants to wait in the LONG line more than once? Well...after all my work I ended up with a purple pair of jeans and a red pair. I bought them a bit on the bigger side because I HATE...I mean strongly dislike...when jeans pinch at the waist. Then it was on to Macy's where I got the pleasure of going bra shopping. UGH. I tried on 24 bras and ended up buying two of the same ones. It was buy two get one free but they did not have a 3rd in my size so they gave me a huge discount on the two I purchased. Then Sunday came around and it was time to go to book club. It was super fun and I actually finished the book, Twilight. I am so in love with Edward :). So now I am on the 2nd book and was loaned the 3rd and 4th. I have a lot of reading to do. We also talked a lot about politics as we have been doing lately. I myself am terrified that if McCain wins we will be totally screwed due to his brilliant health plan. You see...we might not have much but we have amazing health coverage and give me a break...I really don't want to lose it. After book club a quick bite at home, pick up Memphis and head off to the auction/art show I participated in. Super fun and for a great cause. Then kids to bed and time to sew...phew I am exhausted just typing it. I know for some of you my weekend was a piece of cake but for me...not so much. Anywho I would like to raise a cheer to Meg...glass in hand ready to drink...for her continued political commentary over there at Pixiegenne. I agree with her 100%. I actually bought Jason an Obama t-shirt from Obey while I was out shopping this weekend. I want one. Anywho...that's it for this chickadee.
Don't forget PLUSH YOU is this Friday at Schmancy. I for one plan on plushing it up something fierce....must go sew...must read bedtime stories....xo



Post a Comment

0 Comments